Project Manager with Procurement Experience
Finance leaders outsource the optimisation of banking and payments to Bankhawk for our experience and success in implementing new arrangements for some of the world’s leading brands and to rapidly generate $m’s in cost savings or efficiency gains.
Bankhawk is hiring a Project Manager to lead its advisory projects in major international B2C organisations. The position will be based in Europe and candidates will be able to work with flexibility regarding location base.
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience in procurement to join our team. You will be responsible for handling our company’s ongoing projects, working closely with team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track. Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of said plans. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with excellent business/financial acumen, a strong supply chain and/or project management (in procurement) background and an ability to influence stakeholders at all levels within a business.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an advantage. This position will provide you with fantastic opportunities for career progression and development.
- An effective communicator who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to client stakeholders, senior management, and their teams
- A quality-focused team driver who can push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner
- An analytical problem solver who goes beyond just fixing, to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues
- A dedicated achiever who thrives in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Develop, communicate, track and execute detailed project plans. For assigned projects you will develop and manage strategy, scope, schedule, costs, resources, and risks as well as report accurate and timely project metrics/status to stakeholders as required
- Create and maintain appropriate project documentation (e.g., RACI, roadmap, resource matrix, dashboard, budget statement, etc.) to meet business goals and program objectives
- Oversee all aspects of assigned project portfolio, ensuring projects are successfully managed through all phases and that the three constraints of time, resources, and budget are properly balanced
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule or cost using appropriate project management techniques to ensure all parties are informed and the project plan is accurate and reflective of current status
- Manage change; Assess trade-offs for changes to project scope, schedule, and costs that impact the program and related projects
- Identify and escalate unresolved obstacles to the success of the project
- Periodically provide progress reports to leadership and key client stakeholders affected by the project
- Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables and manage customer satisfaction within the project transition period
- Serve as a liaison and build relationships amongst team members and key stakeholders
- Identify and develop new opportunities with clients
- Act as an escalation point; drive collaboration with project team members to resolve conflicts, project issues, and deviations and drive them to resolution
- Be responsible for resource planning, including workload allocation and capacity planning to help determine project sequencing. Work with other project managers and personnel to monitor cost, schedule, and supplier performance (where applicable), while working to ensure the success of the project
- Ensure adherence and compliance to quality standards and related regulations
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in business, supply chain, or engineering discipline or equivalent required
- 5+ years’ of proven experience in supply chain / construction/ IT/ ERP project management required
- Specific experience of indirect/intangible procurement (IT, Corporate Services or Financial Services categories) an advantage
- The ability to successfully plan, prioritize, multitask and organize multi-disciplinary team(s) of various sizes to successfully achieve large project deliverables required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Experience with delivering results through Six Sigma / Lean methods etc. preferred
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Experience overseeing major projects
- Budget management experience.